• Enable Lost Mode: Puts the device in Lost Mode with the information shown on the Lock screen. You can locate devices using your MDM solution while maintaining student privacy.
• Fetch device location: Allows the device to report its location if the device is in Lost Mode.
• Remote wipe: Erases the data on a lost or stolen device.
• Clear passcodes: Clears the device passcode on a one-to-one device when a user has forgotten it, so the user can enter a new one.
• Modify restrictions: Changes settings and policies for a student or a device.
• Install iOS update: Pushes a software update to the device. Requires the device to be in Apple School Manager.
New Management Features• Home screen layout. Manage how apps, folders, and web clips are arranged on the Home screens of supervised devices.
• Lost Mode. A feature of Shared iPad that lets you see an “If lost, return to” message on the device. Can be viewed on the login window and the Lock screen.
• Notifications. Allows app badges, sounds, banners, and alerts to be managed on a per-app basis on supervised devices.
• Safari domain additions. Lets you restrict the saving of website passwords to only those in an approved list.
• User-specific configurations. Specify Home screen layout, notifications, restrictions, and Safari AutoFill for each user with Shared iPad.
• New device restrictions
- Allow Apple Music
- Allow Apple Music Radio
- Allow changes to Notifications settings
- Show/hide specific apps on Home screen
• New MDM commands
- Set maximum cached user accounts with Shared iPad so you can control the number of accounts that are cached
- Delete user
- Log out user
- Enable Lost Mode
- Disable Lost Mode
• New MDM queries
- User list
- Device location
- Device information
- Is Lost Mode enabled
- Maximum cached users
• Allow simple value
• Require alphanumeric value
• Minimum passcode length
• Minimum number of complex characters
• Maximum passcode age
• Passcode history
• Auto-lock timeout
• Grace period for device lock
• Maximum number
MDM can do more then restrictions
if i can find a loophole and use it to bypass MDM
i might sell it to apple